With productivity on everyone’s lips, society is entering a new era. We are relying increasingly on technology to cut out any and all unnecessary admin. In aid of circumventing the mind numbing exercises, we now simply download an app. For every single facet of our lives; there’s an app. Want to see the weather? There’s an app for that. Want to know what song is playing? There’s an app for that. Want to track your exercise? There’s an app for that. Want to count calories? There’s an app for that… Let’s have a look at some apps which have been designed and produced specifically designed for the flight-minded.
- VFR and IFR
- 2D or 3D flight tracks
- Manoeuvre analysis
- Instrument approaches
- There are 50 customizable input fields, allowing you to change the name, position and visibility.
- This app allows you to export and back up your old flight data in the form of a .csv file to an SD card, Dropbox or send as an email.
- Provides you with more than 15 statistical evaluations.
- The duty plan will also sync with your Google calendar.
- Additionally, there is an airport database.
- Navigation calculator
- Weather query (NOAA)
- Snowtam decoder
- Unit converter
- Aviation abbreviations
- Crosswind calculator
- Met calculator
- Airport information with weather
- Volmet frequencies for Europe and North Africa
Whether it’s free or not, the range of apps for pilots are incredible, and even overwhelming. The best way to be sure that you’ve found an app that works for you is by taking it for a spin. We would love to hear from you, let us know if you’ve found any noteworthy apps that aren’t on this list, or if you haven’t been too impressed with any of the apps mentioned above and why.