When it comes to SA’s top attractions, Pretoria normally gets swept aside. However, it has much to offer from pilot training to the country’s most beautiful landmarks.
Pretoria (City of Tshwane) is South Africa’s administrative capital and home to government departments, ministries, foreign embassies and diplomatic missions. It is also known as the Jacaranda City because of the purple blanket which covers the city every October and November.
Pretoria is a fascinating city! For example, did you know that Pretoria’s main street, Stanza Bopape (previously Church Street), is the longest urban street in South Africa and one of the longest straight streets in the world?
In 2010, the city was also home to the world’s biggest soccer ball (24 meters across and eight storeys high) on the Lukasrand Telkom tower and it was 100% recyclable.
This beautiful city also has many impressive architectural structures and institutions such as:
- The Union Buildings – the official seat of the South African government and the President’s offices,
- The University of South Africa (UNISA) – the largest university on the African continent,
- The Voortrekker Monument is the impressive stone monument built to honour the journey of the Voortrekkers, and
- The Wonderboom National Airport is mentioned as one of The City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality’s most important strategic assets.
So, why should you do pilots training in Pretoria? It’s simple really:
- The Wonderboom National Airport is the training environment for Blue Chip Flight School.
- Blue Chip Flight School has been training pilots in South Africa for more than 21 years!
- We offer Private Pilot’s License ground school, Commercial Pilot License training, as well as Airline Transport Pilot License training.
- Another reason why you should do pilots training in Pretoria is the clear and sunny skies at Wonderboom National Airport for most of the year.
- You can also enjoy restaurant facilities with safe modernised airport infrastructure at Wonderboom Airport while attending PPL ground school or flying school.
- You will gain exposure to other air traffic with long, intersecting runways, clear undershoot and overshoot areas and two dedicated general flying areas.
There are more reasons why you should choose Pretoria to do your pilot’s license, but perhaps you don’t even know where to start. Have a look at our FAQs to guide you on what the prerequisites are to get a pilot’s license in South Africa, what a PPL is, how much it costs to get a pilot’s license, as well as the next steps to become a pilot.
We would also like to invite you to our Open Day on the 28th of October 2017 to learn more about Blue Chip Flight School and pilots training in Pretoria. We will share more details about this exciting event soon, so keep an eye on our website or Facebook page.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact Blue Chip Flight School today to enrol with one of the top flying schools and ground schools in Pretoria and South Africa. Come find out why you should definitely do your pilot training in Pretoria!